- Product details
- Helen Kohlen - Care Ethics Research Consortium
- Susan S. Phillips
- The Crisis of Care: Affirming and Restoring Caring Practices in the Helping Professions
She sits on the editorial boards of Radix and Presence magazines and the journal Reflective Practice.
Along with her husband, Steve, she has two sons and worships at First Presbyterian Church of Berkeley, where she has served as an elder. IVP Academic.
Special Offers. IVP Book Club. By combining stories of care, the reflections of caregiving practitioners, and interpretations of caregiving within a larger social and theoretical framework, this collection identifies the values and skills involved in quality caregiving at the individual level and affirms their importance for reshaping our public caregiving institutions.
An absolutely essential acquisition for libraries serving the needs of the health professions, health care administration, and public policy.
Helen Kohlen - Care Ethics Research Consortium
Contributors from fields including medicine, nursing, teaching, and ministry explore the ethic of care and the moral sources from which caregivers draw inspiration for their work, in theoretical essays and in narratives of caregiving. For students and professionals in the helping professions. Annotation copyright Book News, Inc. Portland, Or.
- Financial Institutions and Markets: The Financial Crisis: An Early Retrospective;
- Supercritical-Pressure Light Water Cooled Reactors;
- Customer Reviews.
- Featured channels;
- Featured channels.
- Atlantis und Atlantik.
Convert currency. Add to Basket. Book Description Georgetown Univ Pr, Condition: New.
Never used!. Seller Inventory P It is no longer solely a private, familial concern that can be automatically assigned to women to be undertaken without pay.
Susan S. Phillips
Nor is it contained in residential institutions or bureaucratic hierarchies. Linking recent care theory with the need for a program of empirical research, the paper first considers the lack of consensus on the character and meaning of care, as seen from a number of different theoretical standpoints.
- Susan S. Phillips - InterVarsity Press;
- Runway Visions: An American C-130 Pilots Memoir of Combat Airlift Operations in Southeast Asia, 1967-1968.
- Table 2 from Ethics of justice vs the ethics of care in moral decision making. - Semantic Scholar.
- Engendering a Nation: A Feminist Account of Shakespeares English Histories (Feminist Readings of Shakespeare).
Despite important differences in the perspectives on care, common features suggest that there are sound reasons to develop research concepts and tools that would help create the dialogue and sharing of ideas that a more mature field of research and practice requires. A starting point for this is the attempt to demark a clear definition of care.
- All That Is Bitter and Sweet: A Memoir.
- I Compagni: Understanding Childrens Transition from Preschool to Elementary School (Sociology of Education Series (New York, N.Y.).).
- Customer Reviews;
- What drives metamorphism and metamorphic reactions?;
Building on this, I propose the development and use of a broad perspective, which I have termed the social division of care, to provide a joint framework for data collection and for monitoring the changing balances of responsibility for providing care. Volume 42 , Issue 2.
The Crisis of Care: Affirming and Restoring Caring Practices in the Helping Professions
The full text of this article hosted at iucr. If you do not receive an email within 10 minutes, your email address may not be registered, and you may need to create a new Wiley Online Library account. If the address matches an existing account you will receive an email with instructions to retrieve your username.